Short Term Major Medical
Short term major medical or temporary health coverage is designed for individuals who are in between work, in the waiting period of an employer’s group health plan, just graduated from school and no longer eligible under their parent’s plan, or are waiting to become eligible for Medicare.
- Coverage for 1 – 6 months or 364 days, depending on state
- Freedom to choose any doctor or hospital
- Your choice of deductible and coinsurance levels
- $2,000,000 lifetime maximum per covered person
- Single payment discount for 30-180 days
- Unlimited re-applies for coverage, depending on state
Short term medical insurance is a temporary plan designed for individuals who don’t currently have health insurance. Short term policies do not cover pre-existing conditions. Short term health insurance is also not considered minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act (also called Obamacare), and even if you enroll in and maintain short term coverage you may NOT be exempt from the Shared Responsibility Payment (tax) that may otherwise apply for not having qualifying health insurance.